Sep 25, 2007

Alice

You can bet that when I write a book one of the characters will surely be named Alice. And not because I think much of this name.

First, this name is one of the few truly international names I can think of, I mean, it's the same writing in almost every language. It is also a timeless name, you find little girls named Alice and grandmothers named Alice.

And then, Alice in Winderland is one of my favorite child stories, where Alice is an amazing little girl, bold, brave, independent, not to say dreamy.

This is all to recommend to anyone "About Alice", by Calvin Trillin. One of the best love-stories I read this year. A pure love statement from a husband to his wife.

PS - Note that I said "when" and not "if" I write a book. Now that's progress.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

adorei a visita
adorei o blog
adorei ser mencionada por aqui
adoro alice
adoro alice no país das maravilhas

beijos!