Oct 24, 2008

spring has come


Oh, how I wish we had four seasons as we were supposed to. One at a time, throughout the twelve months of the year. This is not the case. For the last two weeks we had everything, from winter to summer, going through fall and spring, sometimes in one single day.

But Mother Nature knows best. And now we find clear signs of spring. Flowers are blooming all over the city. And best of all, agapanthus are coming to life all over. By far, my favorite flower.

This is the time that we can distract from the traffic admiring the colorful carpet that covers the neighborhood with its bright lilies in yellow, orange and red, iris in all shades of the pallet, and amazing huge red amaryllis (which I just found out are not amaryllis, but hippeastra). Unfortunately, sibipirunas have already lost their yellow stars (fairy dust for my kids when we walk to school).

I do hope the weather gets a little milder because the last two days were killing hot.

No comments: